Happy 2018 everyone! :)
Not that you should wait for a new year to set resolutions, I hope you strike off things off your bucket list and add new ones!
My birthday falls close to New Year’s and I find this to be the best time to reflect on the past year and figure out where I am headed next. This year, I list down a few things that I have learned over the past 26 years of my life (well, more like 20 because who knows what I was doing as a kid!).
So here are my 26 things on turning 26!
• Sunscreen is important
• Ask for help – Depending on someone for help is not a sign of weakness.
• Blue is always a good idea
• Being kind is a wonderful quality to have. But never let anyone take advantage of your kindness
• Being different is a good thing
• Let your curiosity grow and be open to possibilities.
• Financial independence gives you a stand in the world
• That being said, integrity and self-respect is much more important than money
• You are ALWAYS going to trip in heels. Just don’t fracture your ankle!
• Appreciate the time you spend with your close ones
• Make travel an important aspect of your life
• When in doubt, dance it out!
• Let go of people who do not wish to stay
• Love – love yourself, love others. Love and gratitude go a long way
• Big boobs, small boobs or no boobs – It doesn’t really matter. Embrace your body for what it is.
• If you are actually passionate about something, follow through
• Read. Read about anything and everything.
• Trust your instinct! If something doesn’t feel right, more often than not, it’s not right
• Allow yourself to make mistakes. But always learn from them.
• Forgiveness is necessary for happiness
• Appreciate others
• Oiling your hair is necessary no matter what the salon guy tells you
• You are your own person. Sit with yourself for ten minutes everyday and listen to your body and mind
• Being shy is okay until it stops you from achieving your dreams
• Listen to the universe. Embrace it. Give to the universe what you receive.
• Never stop twirling
What are you looking forward to the most in this new year? I would love to hear from you in the comments or on Instagram :)
Lots of love,
Picture credits: Karan Singh